Sunday, April 15, 2012

Eat Cake!

My family celebrated my grandma's 76th birthday yesterday and so our crazy family got together for BBQ and cake. First of all, I love baking. I think I could be a pastry chef one day if I ever get tired of soap-making.  I've made all kinds of desserts, but I've never made a two-layer cake until now. I know it doesn't really sound like a big deal, but I've always been a little intimidated with the process. By nature I'm pretty impatient and I like immediate results. Baking, cooling, stacking, carving, crumb coating, cooling some more, frosting and cooling again.. well, that's always sounded like a lot of waiting. I don't like to wait for anything... much less sweets. But, I did it, and it was worth it. My first two-layer "patience" cake.

 I downloaded the bunting banner letters from the Ruffled blog. I thought they would be so adorable to use. The cake is decorated with some edible vintage buttons and gold shimmer I've had in my cupcake arsenal. And yes, it does say "happy birthday gramnugget" (that's what I call her). The cake has since been demolished, so I'm glad I was able to snap a few pictures to share it with you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment