Sunday, March 7, 2010

Newlessness : Day 66

IMG_0407

Have you ever heard of a Clothing Swap? I've been planning this one ever since I knew I would be going newlessness for the year. A group of girlfriends get together, bring unwanted (yet wearable) clothing, set it up around tables and chairs, and then we shop. Whatever is left over gets donated to a women's shelter in the area. It is so much fun, we all get some great "new" things and get to help out less fortunate women. I will be planning several more before the year is up.

IMG_0408

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! Hopefully someone comes that wears the same size as you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of it, but great idea! I like that what is left over you donate to a women's shelter. Cool!!!

    ~Kat~
    H20works

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like loads of fun!!! What a great way to recycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Invite me next time, I have some cute clothes that I "outgrew." You are tiny enough you could probably wear them (except you're about a foot taller than me, oh well!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - you could do this with home decor, too! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I have a stack of clothes right now that I'm getting rid of - this gives me pause... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our church does it every spring, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erin, what a GREAT idea! Home decor! I think I may just have to plan a home decor trunk exchange! :D

    Kara, I'm sure your tops will fit and I can make capris out of the pants!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! The wheels are turning on how do do something like this with my group!
    Clothing, home decor, ...the possibilities are endless! And donating whats left is perfect! Thanks for the great idea for an easy way to recycle. I think 'newlessness' is an idea who's time has come!!

    ReplyDelete