Friday, February 19, 2010

Today's Prayer Walk

I went for a prayer walk today and had a heart to heart with God. I've decided to get out of the house is the best way to have time to talk to God without being distracted with my business, the computer, the phone, to-do lists, and whatever else I get drawn to when I'm inside. It was a beautiful walk and I feel closest to God when I'm outside enjoying His creation. The dominating theme for my prayer this morning happened to be about obedience. I long to be the person to do the things God calls me to do every day. I want to be the type of Christian that doesn't hesitate to answer the call. I want to be the type of Christian that lives out my walk with Jesus. So I passed some trash on the side of the road and had the urge to pick it up. I walked past it and realized that it was that urge, that conviction, that is so easy to ignore. I turned around and walked back to the trash and picked it up. I picked up every piece of trash I saw on my way back home. I thank God for revealing my heart today and for testing my obedience. Practicing being obedient with something as small as picking up trash is what will help me have an attitude that doesn't hesitate when He calls me to do something for Him and to further the Kingdom.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shared post! Being outside is when I feel the visual effects of God's presense.

    I look at things in nature and just stare in amazement out how GOD did that for us to enjoy.

    Have a blessed day!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a inspiring blog post. I had a heart to heart with God today. It was about acting on the promises of God...obedience! The Spirit brings such a sweet fellowship♥

    ReplyDelete