Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My favorite part about making soap...

I love cutting soap. It's (as my husband reminds me) one of two reasons I wake up early. The other reason is coffee. Soap-making is like reading a good book. You do all of this character building with measuring, mixing, coloring, scenting, pouring. Then conflict arises - you don't know what your soap quite looks like inside.. even if you've made the same soap a thousand times, it will always have unique swirls and curls. So you wonder, and then wait in suspense until the moment when the soap has set up enough to be unveiled. Usually this is at least overnight. Hence, why I roll myself out of bed uncharacteristically early to cut a fresh batch of soap! Getting to see the beautiful outcome of all of your hard work is pretty exciting indeed.

 
Cutting a fresh batch of Dead Sea Mud Soap from Amber Hawthorne on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment